Friday, April 26, 2013

Painted Army Project

In the area I live and play in painted armies are not the norm.  For every painted army you see there are several more that are mostly gray.  I am guilty of this I frequently suffer from gamer a.d.d. and will switch projects before I finish an army.  However GW has given us a great boon in 6th ed 40k and that is the allies system.

My plan is to only field painted units.  If I want a new unit, I will break out the paints.  Being able to ally means that armies that are mostly unpainted can still be played as an ally for another force.  For example I just purchased a Riptide that I want to play.  I already have painted fire warriors, and I can do a simple quick conversion to make a fireblade.  Now I have an ally force I can throw into my eldar as soon as I paint the Riptide.  I can slowly build up my painted tau without the worry of not being able to play with any tau until I complete the whole army.  Every time I paint a new unit I can work into my eldar army until I have enough units to switch from and Eldar/Tau army to a Tau/Eldar army and eventually to a pure Tau one.

Now my hope is that eventually allies will become an official rule for warhammer fantasy.

1 comment:

  1. Hello everyone my is Gabriel sophia from Canada. My husband and I have been married for over 10 years. We met when I was 18 and he was 21. We’ve been through a lot emotionally together. There were several HUGE fights and painful situations in our marriage, but we always seemed to come out stronger on the other side. Out of the blue my husband just sprung the divorce talk on me, I was totally depressed until I found Dr. Ogbeifun website online and I ordered for a Love spell. You won’t believe my husband called me at the exact time this spell caster finished his spell work in 48hrs. I was totally amazed! He is wonderful and his spells work so fast. His Email: ogbefunhearlingtemple@gmail.com call/whatsapp him via +2348102574680 don't hesitate to contact him

    ReplyDelete