Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The New Necrons

Ok so I suppose that it is possible that someone out there living in a cave may not have heard that the Necrons are due a new codex if you are one of these people go HERE.  You really only need to read the first page since they have been keeping it updated as new info drops.

Now I have always liked the Necrons even back when destroyers were warriors riding lawn chairs.  However the new models, fluff, and rules really just pull me back into this army.  So after a year of playing dark eldar I am going to be switching to a new codex.  Under the old book I can field about 1850, but with many models becoming significantly cheaper I will have to pick up some new toys.  I don't have alot of cash to spend on this project so I will look at the 'dex before I decide on what I will purchase.

One thing I have loved about playing my dark eldar is that I always get compliments on the scheme.  I am not the best painter by a long shot, but the scheme is similar to the one that gw puts on all the DE boxes.  It is really striking so I like it.  Currently my Necrons are boring as in gunmetal with black weapons.  So I was wanting to do the new Necrons up in a striking scheme like my DE and I found a great inspiriational picture.
While I am not 100% sure I want to use this scheme I really like it and it is certainly on the short list of choices.  My other idea is a dark blue scheme with the accents in a dark bronze.  I have some other projects that need to get worked on, but as soon as I get some test models done I will post them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment